Contact Us Now for a Free Consultation
Los Angeles nursing home neglect attorney
When you’ve taken the difficult steps to select a nursing home for yourself or a loved one, you expect the facility to not only follow the law but to provide the highest quality of care. It’s a relationship founded on trust and when that trust is broken, and elder abuse has been committed, it can be an earth-shattering experience for you and your family.
In assisted living facilities, abuse from nursing staff can come in the form of neglect, physical abuse, and/or mental abuse. The following lists are here to help you identify if you or a loved one has been a victim of nursing home abuse:
Neglect may include:
- Failure to change and/or clean linens or clothes
- Failure to monitor bladder and bowel issues
- Failure to dispense medications
- Failure to follow doctor orders
- Failure to help with hygiene when needed
- Filth and unsanitary conditions
- Inattentiveness leading to self-harm like trip/slip and falls, wandering, escape from home
- Physical abuse or suffering may include:
- Sexual abuse
- Assault and/or battery (the threat of violence or outright violence )
- Wrongful death (whether intended or through negligence)
- Bed or pressure sores
- Medical malpractice
- Unwarranted use of restraints
Mental abuse or suffering may include:
- Financial crimes
- Badgering or intimidation through yelling or inappropriate language
- Withholding of personal items or entertainment
- Unwarranted discipline
- Breaches of privacy
When you see the signs and suspect you or a loved one has been the victim of abuse, you can count on First Legal Solution to help you in these difficult and trying times to put the pieces back together.
Our experienced elder abuse attorneys and staff are well versed in elder law. Our lawyers will not only provide the legal help to aid you or a loved one, but we as a firm will also provide the support and comfort that is so necessary in these types of cases. We all have elderly loved ones and will take your case to heart.
If you or a loved has been the victim of a nursing home or elderly abuse, call us 24/7 for a FREE CONSULTATION: 818-650-6363.